I decided to do a post each week of things that I have found interesting over the past week, whether they be relevant news items, awesome tools or just general useful articles.
If you feel that I’ve missed something useful, or would like to be featured in a future ‘what was interesting’, then please get in contact and I’l do my best to take a look.
- AngularJS CRUD using Azure Mobile Services – This is an awesome walkthrough which very quickly gets a CRUD app up and running using angular and azure mobile services. Very cool.
- Introducing Windows Azure Web jobs – Web jobs on azure have been on their way for a little while now, and this introduction by the legendary Scott Hanselman is great.
- WordPress with Memcached on Azure website – Looking to improve performance of your wordpress site on azure, start here.
- Creating and Deploying an ASP.NET MVC Web App to Windows Azure – I posted about creating and deploying mvc apps to azure websites.
- Durandal: Quick Start – Nice little tutorial for getting started with Durandal
- Amazon Appstore now lets developers charge for HTML5 Web Apps – good news for HTML5 app developers.
- The iOS ASO Keyword Research And Optimization Workflow Guide – nice guide about app store optimisation and keyword research.
- 5 of the Most Famous Growth Hacks of All Time – growth hacking is big news at the moment and this article covers 5 great approaches taken by (now) successful products.
- How App Indexing And Deep Linking For Google Search Helps App Developers – explanation of deep linking in apps, and its benefits.
- Increase development environment performance with vsFunnel – I just discovered this thanks to my colleague Peter Holmes. A visual studio extension that allows you to quickly and easily unload lots of projects to manage memory usage and build times.
- 5 Awesome Training Resources for App Development – I blogged about my favourite training resources.
- Auto History Extension in Visual Studio 2013 – interesting looking visual studio extension to stop you losing work. Ever accidentally undone changes – this might solve the issue.
- How I Lost My $50,000 Twitter Username – fascinating article about how a valuable twitter handle was extorted through slack security at major hosting providers.
- Stack Exchange launches on Android – one of my top development resources comes to Android (finally)!!
- Android overtakes iOS on US sales, extends lead in Europe, Latin America and China – Industry stats on mobile market share.
- Profile of Android vs iOS Users – interesting infographic of differences between Android and iOS users according to the stats.
- Chrome 32 Broke the Internet – annoying bug with latest Chrome release